Thursday, March 16, 2017

19 December 2016 - 24 BELOW. I REPEAT: NEGATIVE 24 DEGREES.

Hello, everyone.

So much is happening.  Up here in Idaho on my mission, and pretty much everywhere else with all of my family, as well, it seems.  I'll just go in order with what I remember.

On Tuesday we had our Christmas multi-zone conference.  The first few hours of it were trainings and instruction from zone leaders, sister training leaders, assistants, and President and his wife etc which was uplifting and edifying, as always.  A gentleman from SLC in charge of the missionary cars all over the world came to talk to us about the cars, the TIWI's in them (monitor our move, location, speed, and aggression at all times).  He inspected our cars and gave a prize to the companionship with the car in the best shape - aka how clean it was, if the fluids were all good, organization.... and not to honk our horn, but our car definitely won.  There was a talent show after lunch.  Our district sang a version of "12 Days of Christmas," changing the words ("12 Days in Rexburg") to make it about funny mission things in Rexburg.  I also accompanied my companion on guitar who sang and rapped in Mongolian.  And I accompanied on piano our zone leader singing a duet of "The First Noel".  My favorite number was all the elders who used their pocket name tag turned horizontally-flat and sideways as a kazoo.  They kazoo-ed "Angels We Have Heard on High" and it was surprisingly VERY VERY good considering their make-shift "instruments". 
At the end they handed out packages and presents for all of us <3 

Something sad:  Because BYUI is on a weird trimester track system, SO MANY of our investigators won't be coming back to school until April.  Some of them agreed to keep meeting with missionaries where they live.... but a lot of them can't/don't want to... SO SAD.  Over half of our investigators left for home.  It was sad to say goodbye to them.  Of course, there's a slim chance that I'll still be here when they get back but... not likely.  Transfers are December 28.  Stay tuned for the news.  

We went on exchanges this week.  I went back to my first area with Sister Camarena, who got here on her mission just a few weeks ago.  It was SO SO fun.  I joined her on thursday afternoon.  Friday morning, however, we woke up to a text from the assistants to the president saying that due to the ABSURD AMOUNT OF SNOW (not his exact words) we would not be allowed to go out or drive anywhere that day.  If we already had an appointment scheduled, we could ask someone for a ride, but that was it.  UMM.  That kind of made exchanging back complicated.  So it ended up being a two-day exchange of us staying in.  Except we did go out and walked along the street we lived on visiting less-active members and shoveling snow. It was fun.  Hard.  I don't have very many snow-shoveling muscles... yet.

Well.  It's almost Christmas. This has been such a different Christmas for me than any before, and not just because I'm a missionary, I think.  I've had to reflect on Christ's atonement for me more than ever before.  I've been studying the Bible more than I have before, and I know that everything that is unfair in life can be made right through the Atonement of Christ.  It says that all throughout preach my gospel and other missionary materiel, but I've hoped and reflected on that multiple times throughout my mission.

I love you all.
Make good choices. 
Remember who you are.
Remember Christ.

Sister Rachel McIntosh

No comments:

Post a Comment