Thursday, July 6, 2017

3 April 2017 - "From the Conference Center at Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah, This is the ..."

Reasons why I love general conference:

-I get to sit and listen and be taught.
-Our prophets and apostles are in direct communication with the Lord and we get to hear from them and know what God wants us to know.
-MOTAB - their music, their facial expressions, dress-and-necklace combos, Mack Wilberg, Richard Elliot, spotting my dad's friend Linda in the choir.... everything about MOTAB.
-Joaquin E. Costa spoke - I got to meet him on my mission and he's a champ.
-Snacks are usually involved.
-Sustaining the leaders of the church is empowering to me in a wonderful way
-Watching it with an investigator and a ward mission leader's house was phenomenal, because she'd want to pause it every once in awhile and talk about something if she didn't understand, had questions or just LOVED what she heard.
-Watching it in the Temple Visitor's Center with our zone of missionaries got me pumped up
-I love the concept of SO MANY gathering at one time and hearing words from prophets, seers, and revelators in REAL TIME.  SO neat.
-I get to hear about new temples and exciting statistics that encourage and promise the continued growth of God's kingdom

There are other reasons, but these are the ones that are coming to my mind immediately.  
I had many favorite talks, but one that stands out a little more than the others right now is that given by Dale G. Renlund, of the quorum of the 12 apostles.  A sin is different than a sinner.  Any reference to Christ and His role as the good shepherd or as our shepherd in general REALLY resonates with me.  That is to this day my favorite way of thinking about my Savior, Jesus Christ.

The non-LDS father of one of our investigators is not interested in the lessons right now, but invited us and several other missionaries to help with a Scottish games/festival in Ammon, ID next month!  I am beyond excited and he said he'd invite representatives from Clan Mackintosh for me!!!  SO SO PUMPED.

Another great thing - our dear friend and lovely investigator, Heather, after meeting with us and being hestitant about being baptized TOLD US that she wants to be baptized!!  I can't even begin to describe the changes I've seen in her and HOW FAR she has come from where she was.  I am so happy for her and can't explain how happy it makes me to see joy come into others' lives because of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you all,
Sister Mc

PS - pics to come  

1.  A cool animal with a cool fur-do

2.  After the morning session of Sunday conference, our ward mission leader said "relax for a bit while I finish getting lunch ready."  I think I relaxed too much and fell asleep.  That pile of blankets on the other side of the couch is our investigator, Heather, also relaxing too much haha.  The cat between us is my best friend, Moose.

3.  Me enjoying conference

1.  A selfie of me and Hermana Htown from Heather's phone

2.  Another selfie of me and Hermana Htown from Heather's phone.  Heather got it printed and it's hanging in her living room.


3.  Us with Heather after lunch.


4.  Us with Heather and our ward mission leader named Tiny.




No comments:

Post a Comment