Monday, March 14, 2016

7 March 2016 - "Build her a cake or something.."

Greetings to all--

First thing: Did you know that there are stars in the sky?  I THOUGHT I did.  But then, out here, as I'm walking into my house at the end of the day, I'll glance up and almost FALL over because I'm so in AWE at the amount of stars in the sky!  They're all SO BRIGHT and at different depths!  And beautiful.  It's my favorite thing.

I learned how to make children love me.  I introduce myself as "Sister Mac-n-cheese" and my companion as "Sister FrankenSTEIN" and then they love us and think we're hilarious.  I felt victorious when I discovered this.  I won't WRITE much this email, but I will probably send many pictures, so stay tuned.  

Yes, it was my birthday and it was awesome.  You will see in the pictures.  

Transfers are happening this week, but Sister Stein and I are staying in the Sugar City stake, which covers the towns of Newdale, Teton, and Sugar City.  Look them up on google earth or something, and you'll probably just see farms with like 30 houses.  It's fun.  

I got to use my spanish again this week!  Our new investigator, Yelipza, speaks English fluently, but her family doesn't and I talk to them a lot.  Yelpiza is 22, has four kids (wowza), is Catholic (for now), and is the sweetest.  We have good talks.  And she has cute hijos (kids).  

One of the reasons my birthday was great was because I got to bear my testimony in church with many other faithful members and I got to talk to many people about what I believe and love.  When people go up to bear their testimony in church, many of them say that they had a "strong feeling" that they just had to bear their testimony, like something was prompting to, aka the Spirit.  It made me think... being a full-time missionary is like having that feeling with EVERYONE you talk to.  It's kind of scary, but it's really really rewarding and I've learned a lot from it.  Ether 12:27 is a favorite scripture of mine, but it's been on my mind a lot lately.  ANYTHING that is a weakness can be a strength.  ANYTHING that is hard can become a blessing.  ANYTHING that is sad can be turned into joy.  THAT'S why Christ is central to our growth because it's  only through him that that happens.  I have many weaknesses and I'm grateful for his help in overcoming them.  

I love you all.  Thank you for the birthday wishes!!

Faithfully,
Sister McIntosh


MY ZONE BUILT ME A CAKE!!  With the Rexburg Temple on it!!  They made fondant!  I felt so loved.  We devoured it at our zone training because it was delicious.  
On my bday, I had dinner at the Howard's home!  I knew them during my time in Europe and it's been so fun to see them!  <3




We went to a Relief Society dinner themed "Scatter sunshine" and there was yellow decor EVERYWHERE.  And they had a photobooth with absurd props, so obviously my companion and I took some hilarious missionary-esque pictures.  Enjoy.

Also, me eating part of the cake.







No comments:

Post a Comment