Thursday, September 15, 2016

12 September 2016 - "Thanks, guys! Or, girls. Uh, ladies, I mean, SISTERS!"

The pronoun struggle for people talking to sister missionaries is amusing.  I've been conditioned to respond to any of the above.

This'll be a short email, but a lot has happened!  The most exciting is Eva's baptism!  She looked SO cute and so happy.  Me and sister Dodd sang a medley of "I Need Thee Every Hour", "Nearer, My God, to Thee" and "Come, Thou Fount" while I played guitar.  I warned her that my eyes might get "sweaty" while we sang (we'd always joke about "sweaty eyes") and they totally did.  She was just so happy.  "Jesus told me I need to follow Him so that's what I'm doing today." -direct quote.  

We've also been preparing for TODAY, also known as the day that fall semester starts at BYUI.  I've been so excited to reconnect with some of our investigators from the previous semester that I was here and I have high hopes.

Public service announcement: next monday will not be p-day, meaning I will not be able to send or read any emails.  Elder Brent H. Nielson of the seventy will be coming for a couple days to do some zone conferences, interviews, inspections, and whatever else.  I'm very excited!!! He's currently the executive director of the entire missionary department.  He'll be here next monday and tuesday... so our pday will be Wednesday, but some of the missionaries have planned a trip up to Yellowstone, so I'm not sure when or if I will be able to email that day.  

Thank you all for your prayers.  Sorry this is a short email.  I love this work and I love the people of Rexburg!  

Faithfully,
Sister McIntosh

1.  We had a masquerade to celebrate my half birthday and her 2 month mark and my 8 month mark
2.  I got to go on exchanges with Hna Alvarez and speak spanish all day!!!!!  (PS this past week marked the half-anniversary of the Alamo...(the only reason I know this is because the battle at the Alamo took place on my birthday) which took place in San Antonio, TX.  In order to commemorate, how cool is it that I spent the day speaking spanish in St. Anthony (aka San Antonio) Idaho?)
3.  Us with Eva <3
4.  Us with Eva <3

1 comment: